Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Minor fame

OK, so I couldnt wait to share my story (at least pretend to be impressed please!).
So, Waggy says 'you havent registered your blog' ... I say ... hhmmm what the heck did I call it?? I Google (<- my best friend) 'Sandra Luxton blog' and up pops the following: Ambient Advertising « Publication Design
Thanks to Sandra Luxton at Monash University for her paper “What is this thing ... This Tutorial Blog has a few other clever ambient ads to inspire you. ...publish.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/ambient-advertising/

So I follow the link and find the following statement: Thanks to Sandra Luxton at Monash University for her paper “What is this thing called Ambient Advertising” for her clear and concise definition."

Ha!!!!!

(I know you want to take a peak - so here you go ... http://publish.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/ambient-advertising/ )

There's obviously millions of similar stories - but it hits home when you see your own stuff out there - don't you reckon??

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Sandy - you already have a name in the blogosphere! If only you had a blog back in 2008 when that post was written so they could link to you!

    It's never too late... maybe you need to comment on their blog now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a comment I once read about me on a student's blog... wasn't quite as complimentary, but it made me laugh (luckily for the student!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hit the comments so hard, Sandy, but there are three other references to you in the blogosphere, all that need translating!

    See the list here.

    ReplyDelete